Clarion Lcd Broken??!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello, i stripped a clarion vma6491 lcd panel...(after 2 months of use)on an overhead for tv+xbox.today it suddenly started to smoke after 2 minutes of the ohp being on.then no image was viewable.but the red power light was on but still no pic.what is this panel worth???is an overhead projection panel a good investment and could something like this happen to it.

http://www.macworld.com/search/images/zarchives/articlelinks/h-l/lcd.panels.speed.tests.gif

look at this website, and give me your opinion on which projection panel is the best for xbox gaming and tv for value+quality(not necissarily from the site.

THANKS

hay, lemme guess u disconnected the ballast didn't you? i did that to my first lcd which was really annoying, good news is that it can probably be repaired for less than $1, if its the same thing that happened to mine you've just blown a transistor, can you find the componant on the board thats smoking and take a pic of it or describe it, should be black, have 3 legs and have a metal back plate, if you can read the info off of the front of it you should be able to get a replacment.

Cheers,
Ryan Edge

nah, i wish that was it but i dont think so....

since my panel is broken i want to get a projection panel and not risk another lcd...i kno there is a bunch of post and threads on projection panels ex-good panel/bad panel but i would like your opinions on the best panels to get beside sharp qa-2500(too expensive)i think either nview z215 or z250...what do you think is the best panel in your experiences...thanks!

dengez

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.