Chosing IRS2092 Module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...there is not much to add to the info from chienmort.

The 40V version definitely is not suited for anything above +/-45V.
The 55V version is just theory so far. Seems like nobody stepped in and tried,
or in case someone made it, he does not share. From my side I do not intend
to put workbench efforts to the 55V version. If you have substantial R&D knowledge it should be not much headache to start with my published theoretic BOM -if you do not have substantial R&D knowledge you will have a hard time or may even completely fail.

Still planned, but I cannot promise anything (struggling with my work live balance):
75V version with roughly 500W into 4R on the same PCB, unbridged.

...there is not much to add to the info from chienmort.

The 40V version definitely is not suited for anything above +/-45V.
The 55V version is just theory so far. Seems like nobody stepped in and tried,
or in case someone made it, he does not share. From my side I do not intend
to put workbench efforts to the 55V version. If you have substantial R&D knowledge it should be not much headache to start with my published theoretic BOM -if you do not have substantial R&D knowledge you will have a hard time or may even completely fail.

Still planned, but I cannot promise anything (struggling with my work live balance):
75V version with roughly 500W into 4R on the same PCB, unbridged.

The 40V version might work with 6 batteries depending on charging (+-36V to +-39V).
The project is very tempting....

The main difference between the Chinese boards and the System D Liteamp is that the Chinese ones are clones of the IRAUDAMP7 and use s pre filter feedback topology. The Liteamp uses a post filter feedback topology.

This will give a more stable design over various speaker impedance but will be similar in absolute power out put given the same power rails and speaker impedance.

Improving the amping for the subs is top priority atm.

Start the topic from the other side:
For subs there is really nothing wrong with the IRAUD amps.
The details of implementation do matter and not all makers are capable of doing it properly. So search the forum for IRAUD clone boards, which have already been reported to be trouble free.
Out of these chose a type which fits your battery voltages and speaker impedance.
If you wish more power, go for one or multiple combined options below:
-Lower speaker impedances (but not lower than the amp can drive)
-Bridged operation (Bridged mode gives double power at double impedance, do not go for lower impedances)
-Higher supply voltage (but keep 15% margin vs absolute max ratings)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.