Chipamp.com, worst service ever?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
peranders said:
So, Brian, what was the real cause of this outburst of discontent? Was it a slow email service? Spam filter. I'll notice myself that AOL, Hotmail and a few other email services are quite slow, can take days once in a while.

As far as e-mail, it appears that two my mails sent to hotmail did not go through for some strange reason, while others did.

Also, I found that the customer service e-mail specified in the Paypal configuration pointed to a non existant support@chipamp.com. I have no clue where that address came from. This has been corrected.

As for the issue with Steve's order: Steve placed the order, and replied to to the non-existant customer service address specified by Paypal to state that he had ordered with the incorrect address. This mail was not received, and should have been bounced back. The order was shipped out to the incorrect address, and arrived on the 8th. If Steve is unable to obtain this package, I will send out a replacement package to the correct address.

I believe that other possible communication issues could be related to the incorrect address in Paypal, which is now correct.

--
Brian

Just to give this thread an even better ending:
This also seems to explain the problem I've had back in july/aug to reach you, I also used this adress for the first mail I think. Very good you solved this, in the meanwhile I've built a very nice amp from your package. Thank you again. :cool:

BrianGT said:

I have no problem with criticism, as all feedback is appreciated, and lets me know what I need to improve on.

--
Brian

I emailed you on on 3 separate issues at different times, I did not get a single response at all, according to me this is BAD for business. I stopped after that thinking it is like a Black Hole. On the positive side I received the goods I purchased from you.

A simple and SHORT response in most situations will suffice it is much better than no response. No response like sending emails to a BLACK HOLE.

A good example to follow:

Mr. Martin King works full time and he responded to all my query even though I tried not to consume/waste too much of his time. Remember I spent only $25 on his software. He is very GENEROUS with his time, he answered ALL my essential queries at least 6-8 emails from him after the purchase.
Before the purchase he answered all my friendly emails at least 4-6 emails.

Hope you find this helpful.

Joined 2002
ttan98 said:
I emailed you on on 3 separate issues at different times, I did not get a single response at all, according to me this is BAD for business. I stopped after that thinking it is like a Black Hole. On the positive side I received the goods I purchased from you.

I checked my box, and saw the three mails that I have from you in the past, and I did reply to the first one. For the other two e-mails, they related to selling just the LM3886TF chips by themselves, which are not on the website. I am sorry for not getting back to you. I had intended to forward this on to Joe and have him arrange to sell you the bare chips, but I overlooked this. I am sorry for this.

I will try to avoid this issue in the future.

--
Brian

Joined 2002
yonk said:
Those of you who have bought kits from brian, how long did it take for him to deliver the kit?
I have recently ordered one but without a tracking number or any communication from brian, I am pretty clueless as to when to expect it.

Yoonki,

I received your order on the 9th, and I am going over to Joe's tonight to help him out with the kits. He is recovering from the cold, and hasn't been able to make it to the post office since the 7th. Your kit will be packaged up tonight, and should be mailed out tomorrow morning.

As for the kits, they typically they ship out within a week of when they are ordered, with the aim to get them out within 3 days of when they were ordered.

--
Brian

Brian,

You have promised to give me a refund. Neither my order or the refund is available, even your email response.

I lost my eagerness in building the product because of too much delays and lack of update from your part.

Just do what you have to do and give me back my money.....

P.S. Im not living from nowhere, My mailing address is our office in INFOSYS Systems, its in the heart of Riyadh....

Sonny,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.