Chipamp as preamp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
officeboy said:

(It’s just for a sub crossover so not a huge deal)

Why didn't you say so?:D
Anything will do, and commercial designs always use the worst they can get (TL072, LM324...).
For peace of mind, and knowing that good op-amps also have better bass:D , when I made my Sub I used the OPA4228.
Very silent, very good, quad op-amp (or the 2228 for double) and curiously works very well with gains of 1 (buffer), despite of what BB/TI says in the datasheet.
:cool:

I built a small headphone amp for a friend using 2 TLO84s Quad opamps( one for each channel) and a TLO82 dual opamp.

The 84s had all of the + input for each chip tied together with a 100 ohm resistor inseries with the chip. The - input of each opamp was tied to the output of that amp with a 100 ohm resistor. the outputs were all connected together with 10 ohm resistors in series. This give an output current rating of about 70 - 80 ma. The TLO82 was set up as the gain stage driving the TLO84 buffers.

Not the greatest headphone amp in the world but not bad. Real cheap to make and very dependable.

Later BZ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.