Chip Amp Photo Gallery

lm1875........testing the "cheap amp" . playing music. it works.

Attachments

• lm1875e.JPG
    lm1875e.JPG
    165.4 KB · Views: 1,599
this is another GC..

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

A heat sink is only a sink until it reaches the temperature of the heat source. It needs to exchange that heat with cooler air to continue functioning as a heat sink.

You will be better getting rid of those heat sinks and just bolting the chips directly to the chassis walls (assuming the walls are > 4 mm aluminium). This gives a chance for the heat to get out of the box and not cook your capacitor bank.

Even venting the chassis will not help, as the heat sinks are installed horizontally instead of vertically, thereby preventing natural convection.

Last edited:
You will be better getting rid of those heat sinks and just bolting the chips directly to the chassis walls (assuming the walls are > 4 mm aluminium). This gives a chance for the heat to get out of the box and not cook your capacitor bank.

Even venting the chassis will not help, as the heat sinks are installed horizontally instead of vertically, thereby preventing natural convection.

Agreed. Bolt to the side or put the sinks on the outside and drill some holes to mount chips on the sink. Even just mounted on the outside with no holes would help more.

My new LM3875 chipamp

I finally finished my first amp!
It is based on the LM3875 Amplifier Kit from Audiosector.
I am using a Nuvotem 225VA 18V toroid.

The sound is amazing, and very detailed compared to my old integrated Yamaha amp!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.