Chip Amp Photo Gallery

My latest gainclone - ugly as sin but a huge step up in performance over my last efforts :)

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 4,235
Mick_F ... looks like you paid plenty of attention to audio quality as well. I like the double filters on the power rails: 2200 uF / 50 V electrolytic and 100nF / 100 V polypropylene ...

Also is that a brass screw and nut through the copper block?? I have been using brass screws & nuts for heat sink attachment on the theory that non-magnetic fasteners may be an improvement ... your take ? ... :smash:

( Re: Copper Amp = http://dogbreath.de/Chipamps/CopperAmp/CopperAmp.html )

My stereo amplifier built with myref C and kookaburra kits from twisted pear audio:
(Cabling is not final)
Any feedback is appreciated:)
And yes I do know the heatsinks are way overkill:p

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Yes, it is nice (really really nice), and No, you can't improve on it! :D ;)

Seriously though, have you considered separate pc boards for the power supply and chipamp sections? How about SMPSs in place of the linears? 2 SMPSs' frequencies can be synch'ed to avoid beat frequencies. Just a thought. I love the machine finish on the front panel, and the overall look of the whole thing. How is the performance?.

Cheers,

Steve

Scott_drake: " ... let me know how i can improve it ..."

I don't see how. Possibly relocate the inputs closer to the center of the chassis, but I this might just be splitting hairs with no significant improvement in results. IMOP that's a very nice chassis and setup. Is it your DIY design or a purchased case?

All in all quite respectable, quite nice. :smash: