Chinese GC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
and

;) :xeye:

Attachments

• gc17 (4).jpg
    gc17 (4).jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 756
Any noise?

I see your level control (or is it a power switch?) is on the front panel with the wires running past the power supply boards. Do you have any hum or buzz in the output?

I like to keep low level inputs away from anything that carries a lot of current (like power supply wiring) or radiates noise. In your very attractive box, you don't have a lot of room to play with positioning of boards, but I would have tried to keep the pot near the input jacks, and keep power supply wiring away from the audio stuff except where the DC connects to the amp boards. If you must run AC power or power supply wiring near the jacks, run it past the amplifier's low Z output connections, not near the hi-Z inputs...

You can mount the pot on an L bracket and extend its shaft to the front panel using a piece of brass, aluminum, plastic, wood, or bamboo tubing (whichever sounds better to you ;) - hah!).

Always use a star ground for minimal noise!

I_F

Re: Any noise?

I_Forgot said:
I see your level control (or is it a power switch?) is on the front panel with the wires running past the power supply boards. Do you have any hum or buzz in the output?

I like to keep low level inputs away from anything that carries a lot of current (like power supply wiring) or radiates noise. In your very attractive box, you don't have a lot of room to play with positioning of boards, but I would have tried to keep the pot near the input jacks, and keep power supply wiring away from the audio stuff except where the DC connects to the amp boards. If you must run AC power or power supply wiring near the jacks, run it past the amplifier's low Z output connections, not near the hi-Z inputs...

You can mount the pot on an L bracket and extend its shaft to the front panel using a piece of brass, aluminum, plastic, wood, or bamboo tubing (whichever sounds better to you ;) - hah!).

Always use a star ground for minimal noise!

I_F

Yes, That's a level control ! At the first, i decided to use a shield wire connect the signal in to the amp, but after failing to find a suitable shield wire for it, i use a normal wire instead! To my surprise, the sound turned out to be very clear, without any hum or buzz !
Besides, The aluminum case is connected to the earth, this can prevent the amp from making radiates noise.
Still, thanks for Ur suggestions!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.