Cheapo fleabay gainclone kits?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That's indeed an interesting take on the LM3875 design. Should be super stable and reliable. However, this is the price for one board only, without the IC. But if you have a little extra to spend, it's definitely worth trying.

As for the LM3886 with the pre-amp and protection, etc... on-board, you'd have to get some extra filtering in there, close to the chips.

As for me, I just couldn't resist the temptation and went for the JLH1969. Should arrive sometime by the end of this month is everything goes well. Cant wait to build it and try it out :D

Joined 2010
Paid Member
That's indeed an interesting take on the LM3875 design. Should be super stable and reliable. However, this is the price for one board only, without the IC. But if you have a little extra to spend, it's definitely worth trying.

As for the LM3886 with the pre-amp and protection, etc... on-board, you'd have to get some extra filtering in there, close to the chips.

As for me, I just couldn't resist the temptation and went for the JLH1969. Should arrive sometime by the end of this month is everything goes well. Cant wait to build it and try it out :D

Be sure to let us know how you're jlh project goes. It seems to be one of the more attainable class a builds.

Good decision for primarily music listenings..take care of authenticity of parts especially of output transistors. Class A efficiency is something to consider in prolonged daily usage, as you might already aware of.

Regards.

That is about the WORST op-amp for a servo because of high DC offset from input bias current. I highly doubt that much design care was put into this board, so avoid it. Typically a FET input op-amp is used for this reason.

Thank you for your answer Charlie. I'm quite new to this topic.
So what could you suggest else? I thought of a cheap board with speaker protection but I don't know if I need the protection function at all. Speakers have 8 Ohm impedance( http://www.referenzboxen.de/hifi/picolino2.htm]Strassacker, Komponenten: Lautsprecher, Frequenzweichen, Bauelemente[/url] ).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.