Cheap simple class D amp circuit to build.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Did that happen only after substitution ?

If it didn't pose any problems

Did that happen only after substitution. Try is the high speed i c need difference between at the output operating frequency might change.
Of course this is true only if this works perfectly previous

NO, the amp has same problem with both IC. Now I think the problem is due to speed diferences betwen canal-p and canel-n mos. I'll to slow down a little canal-n and see wath happen.

hi all another cheap solution to go about it . thanks to detex audio

hi, i know this thread is very old, but i've read all the comments fom page one an still no answer. now i'm building this one you've uploaded (detex audio) for my project. i have one major problem, sadly answers from this thread and google still don't solve it. i always experiencing excessive heat on IRF9540 even with low volume, while the IRF540 is cool. tried changing gate resistor, and pull-up resistor on IRF9540, still nothing. i even tried another pair of MOSFETs, like IRF9640/640 and IRF9530/530 with same result, please help...

detex is not good for full range.. try lower frequencies and use lower supply first.. sort of 20V or even 18v..

higher bias voltage seems to be better...
i changed the 12v zener to 15v zener, and the excessive heat seems to be gone, now the MOSFET is just warm. should i go for 18v zener? but i'm concerned that max Vgs for the MOSFET is 20v, i'm afraid tis will burn the MOSFET.

and yeah, maybe detex really isn't good for full range, i always got modulation freq on the output signal, even 4th order filter can't help but heating the inductors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.