cheap Chinese amp modules on ebay . Anyone know what they are ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
acid_k2 said:
that amp seems different to those in post #1
...but takes impudence even further.

The offer tells that the RCAs are gold-plated and shows them in the photo not to be. It links to the Wikipedia explanation of what the promised 75 W RMS power mean, and then to the ICs datasheet that proves it to only have 20 W RMS. What is that good for? Covering his back for lawsuits? The customer could have found out the truth, if he had looked hard enough, or what?

A 90 day guarantee for sales into the EU, where B2C sellers are obliged to give 2 years guarantee. :xeye:

30 days return policy? It already takes up to 14 business days for delivery, that means 19 days before you have it. If the return shipment takes just as long the 30 days are over without even unpacking that rubbish. :dead:

Well, at least it is "Fresh from the Factory". Maybe it is still warm, when they pack it for shipping. :clown:

I have a little Rockbox amp that uses 2 of those amps. Surprisingly, It managed to push an 8" sub and not self destruct. Now the amp that I have has WAAAYYYY better build quality, and a decent heat sink. it has a very simple layout. I may have to snap a few pics of it. I think I paid 40 bucks for it new.

I got one of those

it was so cheap, I just had to find out what was in there!

so it turned up, obviously I didn't bother plugging it in, straight out with the screwdriver.

Well, what's inside is a bit of a shocker. It's like a really cheaply made headphones amp. The sticker on the bottom rates it at 2W per channel, and that's optimistic.

The most shocking thing was the quality of the PCB, which is about 1/2 a millimeter thick, and screwed direct to the chassis, which makes it warp like nobody's business.

Also, the volume knob is illuminated by an LED which is just floating around in there not attached to anything but PCB.

This is now a distortion pedal, basically. I'm gonna make some samples by torturing the little ******, hook up the speaker cables to a jack which goes into the front of a good guitar amp (not mine, in a rehearsal studio), and put a marshall into the front of it, and record the sound of it dying a horrible death. £10 well spent, and I get a fun blue box to put a class D amp in.

piccie

Jives11
mental led flashes red green & blue,chip underboard pastes to case base
regards
max

Attachments

• amp2.jpg
    amp2.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 312
If it wasn't funny enough, with the help of SMD, 4-layer PCB and plannar magnetics, a 2x180W rms amplifier fed from 12V with SMPS could be really fitted into these tiny enclosures...

I squeezed 2x150W @ 4 ohms class D with 12V SMPS into 17cm x 10cm x 5cm

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111835&highlight=

With LCD display, bass, trebble, volume, input gain, power up defaults...

But Chinese are certainly not up to the job :D:D:D

It could be a nice challenge to actually fit a 2x180W amplifier into that case...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.