Chassis for a group order of non-inverted GC kit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Personally, I like those knobs a lot. They are the most convenient, I tried so far, especially with switching attenuators. They are from an older ML preamp.

Attachments

• knob.jpg
    knob.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,475
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Peter Daniel said:
Personally, I like those knobs a lot. They are the most convenient, I tried so far, especially with switching attenuators. They are from an older ML preamp.

Myself i have a fairly nice collection of bakelite knobs -- maybe i'll try a different set whenever the mood hits me :)

Will these need round holes with set screws or press fit Ds?

dave

I agree, round knobs just don't suit the stiffness of a stepped attenuator. How about getting away from the 'card'/'gain'/'clone' monikers and starting afresh with something unconnected (maybe 'K.amp' ;) (k for kit)). It seems to me this kit chassis is a big progression from an original concept and a good enough design in its own right to bear a unique name.

Ropie said:
I agree, round knobs just don't suit the stiffness of a stepped attenuator. How about getting away from the 'card'/'gain'/'clone' monikers and starting afresh with something unconnected (maybe 'K.amp' ;) (k for kit)). It seems to me this kit chassis is a big progression from an original concept and a good enough design in its own right to bear a unique name.

I'l have to apologize for this, but hope you have sense of humour:

Why not call this DIP2me?

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
elizard said:

not sure if the group buy is still going on .. if it isn't, then you just missed out on a BIG reduction in price!!!

but, if you're buying them online, don't pay more than $24.50/piece .. you can find it in plenty places for $49 for two of them ..

The group order deadline is a week from tommorrow. See the latest info on the thread here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=336120#post336120

This is clearly the best price that you will get on these items.

--
Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.