Charlize vs Trends Audio TA-10?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 41hz Amp6 and a TA10.1. I initially prefered the sound of the Amp6 hands down, no contest. I ordered a tweak kit for the TA 10.1 from audiomagus.com and now it is kind of a toss up. The larger PS capacitors and auricap input caps really make a big difference in the TA 10.1.

Amp 6 ordering

I just ordered and received an Amp6 in the past two weeks. The amp including shipping to the USA was $46 (US). The amp was in hand 6 days after ordering. I live on the US east coast. So, time to the interior or west coast may be a little greater.

The Amp6-Basic is a little cheaper, but you have to provide a power supply. Whereas, the Amp6 you have to provide a power transformer.

If you can handle a soldering iron these kits are a joy to build. If you have no experience soldering SMD devices I would suggest you read the topic 41HZ provides on their support page. It is not that big a thing just a matter of technique.

Alan Hope said:

This sort of "problem" is one reason people bi-amp (vertical bi-amping) - ie a TA2024 treble and TA2020 bass/midrange. Strikes me there are a number of us owning both Trends and Charlizes ...

Thanks for the bias-free summary, Pano.

i have a bi-amp setup using a Charlize (LF) and Sonic Impact (HF) and it's not bad at all. I called my amp C-SI:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.