Celestion G 12-p80 **seventy Eighty**

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm not familiar with the Celestion G10M, but Warehouse makes a G10C that likes the same alignments as the G12H30 - in other words, it has surprisingly deep bass for a 10" guitar speaker. I ordered a pair, hoping to make a small practice amp, but I forgot to check the Vas. At 40 litres, it's huge for a guitar speaker!

10? G10C - 75 watts | Warehouse Guitar Speaker

I suspect the Hartke cab is a bit better built then a 1960A. Being built for bass, the walls probably aren't as transparent. Most box software assumes low volumes and sufficiently rigid walls, a safe bet for hifi, but guitar cabs, especially 4x12/10s with that large back panel, leak sound like a sieve and you need smaller boxes than the calculated results would indicate.

Of course, Celestions and their clones with super stiff suspensions are meant for "free air", and since the suspensions are so non-linear, all bets are off when you crank the volume.

Maybe if you just took the Hartke logo off the cab, you could fool the speakers? ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.