Celestion CDX1-1745 ..... What can I do with them?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

I have been given a pair of Celestion CDX1-1745 compression drivers with H1-9040P horns.

Basic question : What can I do with them ?
Are they suitable for hifi use are they only suitable for PA / Disco work?

Celestion | Professional Loudspeakers
Celestion | Professional Loudspeakers

Thanks
Andy

Not sure about the flares, but the CDs could easily be used in a WG based design. The 1731 and 1425 have (IIRC) been used in these sort of designs for example in Econowave builds.

I think the 1745 measures pretty good, I have them and I have compared it vs the BMS 4550 and recently the Radian 475B.

For its price tag is a good low cost choice. Is it HiFi? that depends on your design more then the driver. Its not bad at all IMO.

The 1745 is the CD used in the QSC HPR-152i speaker. Found here
QSC - HPR Series - HPR152i

I have no idea about the H1-9040P horns though, The QSC HPR-152i waveguide is a very popular DIY choice this year. (Brett just posted "econowave builds") a complete set of builds with the QSC waveguide can be found here..http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?t=215536 but Im not sure they used the 1745 in any of them.

I have Simmed XOs for the 1745/QSC 152i waveguide matched with TD12M woofers.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.