CD Recorder Hook-up

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying to connect my Pioneer PDR-609 CD-Recorder to my Sony CDP-270 CD Player for digital playback & recording. The Operating Instructions for the Pioneer CD-Recorder says to "connect the digital output of a source (Sony CD Player) to one of the digital inputs on this unit (Pioneer CD-Recorder). The problem is, the only connections on the Sony CD Player are the "line out" coaxial jacks on the back of the unit. Please advise. Thanks.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
If the Sony does not have a coaxial or optical output you can only record via the analog outputs of the Sony connected to the analog ( left/right ) inputs of the Pioneer. Or via the Rec Out connectors on your amp if it has those ( Tape Out to the Pioneers Line In will do too ) Advantage: no copy protection. Disadvantage: worse recording quality in general ( not always *very* noticable ). If done like that you'll have some conversion steps too much but it will work. There might be a chance that the recorder won't see separate tracks like that and record it all as one track....

Adding a socalled SPDIF output to the Sony is a hassle. It is better to buy a cdplayer with coaxial output with a decent 75 Ohm cable. The optical outputs are generally less good than the coaxial ones.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.