Cause audio wavering from CD source

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for your perspective counter culture. I am not trying to promote Lampizator. If a Lampizator is not best, I will use other audio components. I am searching for the best audio for my (limited) buck.

For example: I had to forgo 10 pounds of polyfill because of finances ($115.00 w/shipping) and substituted 10 pounds of cotton towels and cotton bedding I got from thrift store for $3.00. Cotton worked well for my Mark Audio CHP-70 metronomes. Maybe not perfect. But within my budget.

Maybe other low cost changes? I used the stock brass washers on my binding posts in my speakers. Would some other washers be more musical?

As per my last post: I have limited knowledge, and that can be dangerous. So I will go as far as my limited finances and expertise allow.

Thanks for your perspective DF96. I'm not that much of an audiophile. I just want to build a system that I enjoy. Not to spend money/build unnecessarily on esoteric audio equipment. For this reason I don't go for the SACD or $30.00 special CD's. I usually can find used CD's that I can enjoy and listen to for $5.00 shipped on ebay.

I did try to rewire my DAC with a common ground point. This did not get rid of the hum. I will try to download a 1khz tone and do some investigation with an O-scope - once I get the hang of it!

I have come to the conclusion that the "wavering" I hear on certain long notes is on my source. I hear the same phenomena (but not offensive) on the classical music program on public radio - who I presume have a much better player than mine. The forward presentation of my CD player, combined with the unbroken-in nature of the metal Mark Audio 10.3's speakers (only have about 60 hours on them) combined to make this natural audio phenomena sound offensive. I replaced the brass washers with zinc covered washers to calm down the presentation of my CD player. This change, plus the natural mellowing process of breaking in my speakers, has made the audio more pleasant. Maybe at some time in the future I will be able to upgrade my CD player to a more natural sounding one...

In the meantime, I am enjoying my system.

I need to remember that this is a hobby with the goal of enjoying the music

Thanks again to all who took the time to offer suggestions. May God bless your life as you hear His voice and heed His call to help others.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.