• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Cathode/plate resistors ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys , Sorry I haven"t gotten back to you about my problem but I have gone back to the drawing board and it has taken me this long before I have had any substantial results to report .....

Well I went back and started over again , I used pretty much the same design as before but made sure this time I shielded everything and I used a different power transformer to get 250v DC ......

I actually totally shielded the whole PSU section from the Preamp with 3mm aluminum and used shielded wire throughout and used AC heaters this time and I elevated them to 25v , I also used a a lot of filtering in the PSU , I used CRCLCRCRC filters with about 500uF in the PSU and a 10H choke......

I wired up the first chanell today (2 channel amp) and plugged the output into the High-Z of my PA just to test it and it sounds great , absolutly no hum and no screaming feedback and not muddy at all , I just need to finnish the other chanell then do the tone controlls (thinking of doing a 5 band active eq as I have them allready built from another project) and then hook up the power Amp (stereo 75w per CH) , it"s all going into a 4U case with power amp and EQ section all shielded from each other , it is extreamly cramped in the case .....

So i just wanted to thank everyone who helped me and know that I took all your suggestions to heart and I"ll post back with some Pics when I get it all finnished .......

Thanx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.