Cassette deck input question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cassett deck input question

Hi, I am in need of some basic information about input signals on a standard tape deck (Yamaha, Sony, ect...) I am currently starting a research project that will require me to send a signal from a computer to a tape deck (for recording purposes) and I need to know the imput requirements (peak voltage, impedence ect...) I have done a few basic searches on this site, but either the information is not there or I am not using the proper terminology. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

Usually there is the possibillity to adjust the input recording level on a knob or a slider on the tape deck. The trick is to set the tape deck to record with the pause function on - and then play whatever you need to record, and then watch the display on the tape deck to see if the needles hit the red area. If they do then you turn down the input recording level, until they only hit once in a while.

It also depends on which output from the computer you use: Line out or speakers?

But if you use the speaker out you have two places to adjust volume: The volume on the pc and the input recording level on the tape deck. And you will have every chance to make a good recording.

To be more precise, more info is needed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.