Cardas patented binding post

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DIY hones us! I probably have studied harder understanding speaker and amplifier design than I did is school. Hmmm. Maybe that explains why I did not complete my EE.

I wonder, I never got a sharp plane iron until I bought Hoch's. So, are we like irons, we have to have something there to work with?

mash-- cold flow. We are talking about the same thing. Everything is plastic to some extent. Even a diamond.

My point is that we only need to get a decent terminal block or stud and snug it properly. A $4 binding post is hundreds of times better than most of the rest of the system. Go sweat the big stuff. Go look to see how a auto starter is connected. You better believe they learned how to pass 300A reliably and cheaply.

electrical-wire-nut-connecting-wires-12597347.jpg

This is all that is needed for a reliable connection. A pigtail out of the box and a run from the amp. Wire nut them together.

Anything else is just hifi snobbery.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.