car amps sq

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Clark Challenge is a CROCK..
ever heard of stressed induced psychological disorder..
hmmm $10000 on the line.. can you make that putt? hit that fastball??
bullseye that target 100% of the time??

Ive seen the best shooters in the world NEVER miss in practice..
who shoots tens of thousands of thousands a year.. yet miss one bullseye in competition.. stress!!!

You will never win Clarks challenge for that reason unless it sheer luck.
been proven time and time again best rate for normal humans is about 80%
when any type of test is administered with an additional stress factor added..
pro athlete in their sports or discipline its about 95%..
so you can take a $10000 chance?????
not gonna happen
Richard knows that and did it just to draw attention to his wallet..
how much business you think he generated form all that BS.

Remember anybody that makes claim like that usually has an agenda and the old follow the money usually holds true.

I did pass richards clark test.. with two identical amps.. at 5w output..
same specs..
except I did not have all Richard horseshit gear in the chain except a switch.
Richard would not come to nashville and would not duplicate it and I could not afford nor was i going to pay. to take the stuff to him..and my recording wasn't music!

oh yea and i didn't use music.

I used a bryston 4BST and 4BSST( ruler *** flat no eq needed).. and celestion sl600
and the recording was of my colt 45 cycling thru the cylinder .click..click..click.click.......something like a 38-42 db peak.
and yes they were level matched at 1K to within a few mv on the scope.

most SS amp differences(if you dont' drive them to clipping) are in the input buffers and the output filter caps and emitter/ feedback resistors.
they do effect the s/n ratio ( which is dynamic btw< something nobody bothers to measure) and the decay was audible between the two bryston amps!
so who want to give me a set of sl 600's I still have all the other ****..

and yes PS do make a huge difference because of charge rates voltage stability and dynamic sn ratio.. esp if a smps blessd crap in the transistor circuit power legs. ( they do have finite amount of noise rejection).

hell look at amp designs..transistors been around for what 40 yrs?
they still don't know everything that makes it tick, we get 0 distortion amps that sound like **** and blame it on feedback. we get transistor amps with no feedback and distortion out the azz and they sound great??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.