Car Amplifier Heatsink Source?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to find out from you guys here on this forum, what amps John Faorchild was responsible for. I dont know of whaich ones he designed. I was a longtime fan of his. I last spoke to him when he was involved with Cerwin Vega. I loved talking to him. He was the only person I know that actually talks faster than myself. I only met him once though, although I did talk to him on the phone probably a hundred times. I lost contact with him in the middle 90's when cv was breaking up. He said he was workikng on some amp(s) design(s) at that time. The next time I called for him, I ws directed to a different tech, who didnt know the first thing about audio. He told me thatJohn and someone else from cv were starting a new company. Maybe the other person was Cerwinski? I never found out what company he was involved with. I just found this thread that says he died in 2007. Although I only met him in person once I cinsiddered him a good friend. I would love to own some equipment that he designed. I already own some cv drivers that he helped design. If I understand correcrly , he was the original desinger onf the tru amp line? Thanx in advance for ny help.

Steve (BASSMAN) aka BASSMAN_SOUNDKING

Car Audio Amp Heatsinks

I am selling off the assets of Lazer Industries which was a manufacturing business I started in 1987 and ran till 1995
at which time I was blessed with TRIPLETS ! and closed all
of my businesses and went home to raise my kids. I will
consider selling it all in one lump or selling the amps as kits
or heatsinks seperate. You can see what the product looks like
at www.lazerindustries.com and email me at carsofmacon@gmail.com

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi HotRod Hawkins,
Congratulations to you! You poor devil!

I remember these in Canada and had occasion to repair a couple over the years.

Can you give these members an idea of unit price and the dimensions?

Have you placed a post in the "trading Post" area here?

-Chris

If I remember correctly,Lazar Industries was out of either AL.or GA.
My first experience wasnt to good though,claimed to be High-Current that would compete with a US Amp 50HC.But they seemed to be Modded Pyramid Gold-Series Amps. Though the new stuff looks impressive.Wish company product was still available would like to give it a try.:smash:

Re: Car Audio Amp Heatsinks

HotRod Hawkins said:

I am selling off the assets of Lazer Industries which was a manufacturing business I started in 1987 and ran till 1995
at which time I was blessed with TRIPLETS ! and closed all
of my businesses and went home to raise my kids.

I'd love to hear your stories sometime on your amp business. If I ever get down your way, I'll buy the beer & BBQ. Congratulations on triplets too. Simply awesome! That is an overused word but definitely not here.

EnvisionAudio:
Boy, those amps couldn't look any closer to the 1988-1995 era PPI amps if they tried!

My first thought too, when I eyeballed the products.

But they were built in-house right there in the shop in Warner Robins, GA.

Designs were in-house by an employee, as well.

Hey David, if you're still out there my email address is still smith3671, but through aol instead of bellsouth. I lost most of my contacts, drop me a line?

tsmith1315 said:
EnvisionAudio:

My first thought too, when I eyeballed the products.

But they were built in-house right there in the shop in Warner Robins, GA.

Designs were in-house by an employee, as well.

Hey David, if you're still out there my email address is still smith3671, but through aol instead of bellsouth. I lost most of my contacts, drop me a line?

Right - I didn't mean to imply that PPI built them, it's pretty obvious that they are different designs. My 1992 CA&E magazine April issues shows them in there with amps ranging from $219 to $1100!

I wouldn't mind buying a few long heatsink extrusions, but I suspect Mr. Hawkins wants to unload everything at once. ;)
What I wouldn't mind are more photos of the stuff he has for sale.

Re: Re: Car Audio Amp Heatsinks

speaker said:

I'd love to hear your stories sometime on your amp business. If I ever get down your way, I'll buy the beer & BBQ. Congratulations on triplets too. Simply awesome! That is an overused word but definitely not here.

Triplets in 1995. I guess David has been hanging on to this stuff for quite a while. I know how that can go....

Those are all the "usual sources" for stuff like this. I found a company for stateside heatsinks and they're just as competitive as a Korean company once your factor in the shipping costs.
I found all the parts to build amplifiers now - this thread is just old. I'm on to more OEM designs these days. Maybe I'll try car audio again in ten years when the new stuff is considered "old school" and then introduce some really old stuff as new again. :D

EnvisionAudio said:
Those are all the "usual sources" for stuff like this. I found a company for stateside heatsinks and they're just as competitive as a Korean company once your factor in the shipping costs.
I found all the parts to build amplifiers now - this thread is just old. I'm on to more OEM designs these days. Maybe I'll try car audio again in ten years when the new stuff is considered "old school" and then introduce some really old stuff as new again. :D

What US source did you find for heatsinks?

I have finished heatsinks, that I'll sell complete with bottoms and end plates. I want to sell the whole lot if anyone wants to go into the amplifier manufacturing business, you can checkmit out at Lazer Industries Hand Crafted Car Audio Amplifiers Made in USA and email me with serious inquiries at carsofmacon@gmail.com

Do you have a toroid winder for sale in that lot?

$15K seems fair...but purple heatsinks? Hmmm. The amps look like a cross between Orion, PPI and (sorry) Urban Audio. :cool:

I actually remember Lazer Audio in the CA&E magazines. Never heard or saw one though...but it makes sense if it was a mostly "house brand".

Last edited:
No toroid winder....they were all done by hand, I think I still have bruised finger tips. I haven't heard "Urban Audio" in a while...thanks for the apology! I will sell heat sinks in small qty's if someone needs them. Best chance of reaching me is email carsofmacon@gmail.com

Whoops. It looks like I've already responded to this really old thread. Said the same things 2 years ago. Sheesh!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.