Can't Decide : 127 or 167 or a 3 or 4" TB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'll have to research into Mods for the speaker you're talking about - And any searches I do for stick and 127 or 126 come up with nothing. Did you put the notch filter in there? Wait - I think you answered that . . . Nope - you said I CAN just download the plugi if using the computer as my source . . .

ANYONE out there do a stick with fostex driver?

Dave - ever done a speaker similar in styling to the needle / stick with a fostex driver? Or model one in one of your fancy schmancy software programs?

Now that's service!

Thx, Godzilla!

JR - I wrote up all the various things I did with my needles in the W3-871 needle thread. The mods I did included plumber's epoxy putty around the basket/magnet junction, rope caulk on the basket and in the void between the speaker flange and the cabinet face, and also grounding the basket to the negative terminal of the driver (tho I think it was Dave who mentioned that this isn't so effective for the T-amp).

As far as the notch filter, I built the passive one, but made it in a separate chassis outside the speaker so I could add / remove it at will. Later, Kristleifur made the filter file for a convolver plugin under the player 'Foobar2k'. I think the convolver filter sounds better than the passive filter, and either one sounds better than no filter at all. I think that the physical mods I made to the driver make the notch filter less of an imperative, tho.

Adam

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.