cannot hear the voice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi

i finally made my gainclone, after destroying a pair of speakers!

but, i have a problem, the sound from the amp seems to lack or sometimes have an "echoey" voice. what should i do to remove this?

im using

1000 uf 50v=2
4.7 uf 35v=1
220k resistor 1/4 watt=1
10k resistor 1/4 watt=1
4 diodes w/2200 uf 50v=2
10k pot

144 va, 24 volts transformer
and a sony discman as the source.
ty

The sound you describe I once encountered when the ground connection on a headphone was missing. I.e. you could hear only the differences between the two channels through the transducers now connected in series.

Your problem might either be coming from the source, I.e. you only amplify the difference between channels before you feed the amplified signals to your speakers due to lack of ground connection or signal inversion on one channel....

.... or it might be caused at the output if your speakers' "cold ends" are connected together but not to power ground.

It might even be caused inbetween (less likely), if for instance one channel is subtracted from the other one. Are both your channels of the same type, i.e. are both inverting or non-inverting ?

Regards

Charles

haha its gone, my gainclone is totaled!

i tried fixing the ground wiring and the other wires to fix the voice problem, then the whole clump of wires touched the heatsinks then shorted the damn chip. the pin number 4 from the lm3875 flew away with a bright spark.

mental note, use fast acting fuse next time! what i used was a 3amp slow blow fuse conected to the dc mains of the transformer.

anyway thanks for all the help!

joe

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.