can you help a newbie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Perry , did some hustling, traded my Alpine 4 channel for a brand new , in the box Alpine MRV- 500 mono , class D , wired the two Rockford Fosgate 12" subs at 2 ohms , WOW , its a whole new world , I can have the system at medium volume , no distortion and I can bring the subs in ( via my head units sub -output ) nice bass , brings it to life , the system is in my 87 Buick Grand National , I am as happy as **** ! lol thank you for your guidance and pointing me in the right direction
respectfully Kelly

It's best not to ask for the opinion of one specific person. It may prevent others from answering your question. The exception would be where the question has gone unanswered and you want to know if a specific person had no answer or didn't see the question.

You can run the amp you posted the link for (400-4, not 400.4) at 2 ohms per channel (all channels at 2 ohms or any combination of loads 2 ohms or greater per channel).

newbie needs help with 2 & 4 ohm question

It's best not to ask for the opinion of one specific person. It may prevent others from answering your question. The exception would be where the question has gone unanswered and you want to know if a specific person had no answer or didn't see the question.

You can run the amp you posted the link for (400-4, not 400.4) at 2 ohms per channel (all channels at 2 ohms or any combination of loads 2 ohms or greater per channel).

So on my Rockford fosgate P400.4 - I have the rear channel running two big kickers wired as per normal one speaker to rear - right + , rear lieft - for example . If I want to run the front channel a 2 ohms , do I wire the same or do I bridge the front channels ?
Thank you
Kelly

List all speakers you have with their impedance and number of voice coils.

Ok from the start from head unit theres a Clarion XC1410 4 X 50 rms it feeds
front channel 2 infinity 4 ohm tweeters ( top of dash )
3 Pioneer 4 ohm 3 ways in door
Rear Channel 2 Kicker 4 ohm 3 ways in package tray
Fed by line converter off rear channel
Rockford Fosgate P400.4
Rear Channel feeding 2 Kicker 4 ohm 6X9 also in package tray
Front Channel - not in use yet
Sub output from Head unit feeds Alpine M500 mono rinning 2 rockford fosgate DVC 12" subs

* the unused front channel of P400.4 , I would like to bring some clean mids & highs to front of car something I have considered but they are two ohm can they be wired parallel ?
Amazon.com : Infinity 4629CFP 180W (Peak) 4 x 6 -Inch Custom Fit Two-Way Plate Speakers (Pair) : Vehicle Speakers : Car Electronics

I can't understand what you're trying to say.

"3 Pioneer 4 ohm 3 ways in door " does this mean in each door?

"Rear Channel feeding 2 Kicker 4 ohm 6X9 also in package tray
Front Channel"

There are two front channels and two rear channels

Sorry Perry
each door has one pioneer 3 way / 4 ohm - 61/4 "
I ve used a line converter to come off one set of kickers in my package tray to the rear channel of my P400-4 amp which is feeding another set of kickers in my package tray
Question being if I use a line converter from my front channel to the front channel of the p400-4 can that front channel feed 2 ohm speakers ? ( when the rear channel is feeding 4 ohm speakers ) sorry for the confusion , didn t mean to abuse your time Thank you Kelly

Hey Perry

Hi Perry , thank you for all your help , I am doing my best to catch on , learn . Can you tell me if my thinking is correct on something ?
what I have is 4 Kicker 40CS6934 in the rear deck of my car , that I am powering with a Rockford Fosgate P400-4 amp , my question is on speaker wiring , can I bridge ( front & rear - in my case they are left & right ) and run 2 of the 4 ohm Kickers on each side , wiring them in parallel @ 2 ohms . Therefore I am getting 200 watts / side , instead of the 100 watts /side I have currently . If I am being silly or asking too much out of the kickers or amp , please let me know
Thank you for your time
Kelly

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.