Can someone send to me the Elso's latest clock schematics (version6)? :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Elso Kwak said:
Dear fellow forum members,
After mailing so many schematics I have enough of it. I have better things to do with my precious time. I am getting too old for this....:rolleyes:
Good luck!

I'll guess you have rejected the homepage idea for some reason but this was a solution of getting more spare time, since you complain about it.

No need to get grumpy.:)

Kwak Clock 6

Here's my slightly modified Kwak Clock 6.

I have used a double sided PCB with the top as the ground layer. The PSU is included. Preregulation is done with LM regulators and i used soft recovery diodes for the two bridges.

Attachments

• clock8.gif
    clock8.gif
    96.5 KB · Views: 4,841
jUST curious how the ver 7 clock works? How does it compare to the tent clocks?

My experience with two built kwak 7 clocks and one XO tent clock:

I had in my NAD 541i a (bad) implementation from a single supply Kwak clock 7. Today, I just removed the ferrite beads supplying the clock part and inserted a 8pin socket, the ferrite bead delivered with a tent XO, a 0.1uF cap and the XO itself.

The result is really good, the quality of this player is now better than my tweaked NAD510, including a good working kwak 7 single supply. Before was no remarkable difference! More details but some kind of softer than the other player. Lovely!

My conclusion is: Maybe, the kwak clock is working fine, when perfectly implemented AND measured. This means having adequate RF- and electronic knowledge and measuring equipment.

Otherwise, the result could be unpredictable :)

When using the XO canned module, just add a fine psu, a correct and short connection to the player and you can be sure the result is worth the money and time!

Franz

IMHO, Kwak Clock 7 must be supplied from a symmetrical ps, as this allows for adjusting symmetry of the output square waveform.

You see, this is exactly my problem, not having the adequate measuring equipment: for example my scope (old Heathkit OS2) is O.K. for audio purposes, not for frequencies above 100kHz.

So, I cannot test, if my clock is working well or not!

Elso recommended me to use a single supply in the NAD541i, as there is no symmetrical voltage available.

With the XO tent clock, I dont have such questions and problems to solve.

Easy!

Franz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.