Can someone please show me how to chose a rectifier that will work on a Rockville DB15?

Someone else worked on this amp and when I got it, it didn't come with them installed and the person who gave it to me can't get in touch with the guy who did this hack job. I just fixed another one of these and sold it. I now learned to take pictures and write all info about the amps I work on.

Off of the 3205 = 200v
Where the rectifiers go = 397v
I do believe package style = TO220AB

Sorry if I got the wrong info, I am still learning and your book/website I purchased a while back has lots of info but I think my mined is full. I need to dump some useless info.

Thanks for your help.

I would like to learn how to calculate to choose the correct pnp (2) and npn (2) rectifiers for a Rockville DB15?
I did swap the power to the IRF3205 and output to the IRF640N.

Thanks
You need to go to a specialty electronic shop. They give you the sizes for the Ampere readings for the diodes. That you'll be using. Measure the amps first. Then visit the electronic shop and get a diode. This allows current to flow in one direction only.

perry
Sorry it took so long.
I had my setting wrong on my scope.
Off of the 3205 center pin = 99.5 Vavg
35.5khz
12.5v from power supply caps to ground.
is that what your asking for?

jan.didden
When I wrote "pnp (2) and npn (2)" I meant 2 pnp on one side and 2 npn on the other. They have 3pins.

Last edited:
Power supply caps = 25v
Output caps = 120v
The source (pin 3) of the 110n8f6 connects to rail capacitor.

Bc3c3.jpg

This Rockville DB15 came with 12 110n8f6. I don't think the guy who had it before me changed them out. There were 2 missing. If I remember correctly the one I had before this had the same 110n8f6 and I couldn't find exact match so I replaced them with 3205, just like I’m going to do with this one. I take your word like gold, so what should I do? I left them in there for testing and fixing purposes. The power supply works fine I just need rectifiers to move on. Can I use MUR1620CT and MUR1620CTR like on your tutorial? I see lots of amp use those.

Thanks

133223.jpg
33744.jpg

No, I did order some SDURF1520CT and SDURF1520CTR. I will order some MUR tonight to have on hand. I only have 1 of each MUR I can pull.
I did find text file that was inside the DB15 folder. I will list the numbers but remember I don't keep good notes and don't know what these numbers are for.

output 59n30
irfp4868
chip that is scratched 2113s 2010s
IRFP240 IRFP9240
Hope this helps.

The output location appear to be for TO-220s. Will TO-3P sized FETs fit there.

All you need is 2 rectifiers to find the rail voltage.

What scope do you have?

Can you post the waveform you see on the outer terminals of the rectifiers? Use the secondary center tap for the reference point (black/ground for the scope).

I think the MUR1620 may not be rated for enough voltage.