Can miniDSP do all-pass filter?

If you really mean an equivalent of an analog Allpass filter (i.e. including its phase characteristics) you'd have to design a set of biquad filter coefficients and copy those into the appropriate filter section in the miniDSP plug-in. There is a calculation Excel spreadsheet availabe for biquad filter design, but I'm not certain that it contains an Allpass section...

Regards,
Winfried

Thanks Winfried. But I dont see any way to enter biquad coefficients in miniDSP 2 way plugin. The attached image show all that can be entered, biquad is not there.

Attachments

• Screenshot (83).png
    Screenshot (83).png
    103.8 KB · Views: 44
Yes, but only using the "advanced biquad" mode. You might need to get a different plugin that includes that features. Then you need to calculate the biquad coefficients for the AP filters and paste them into the input box. See for more info:
https://www.minidsp.com/applications/advanced-tools/advanced-biquad-programming

Edit: you already have that feature. Click on the "advanced" radio button...

Well friends,

first of all we don't know which exact miniDSP system and which exact plug in used. That info would help!
But that aside... I see an "advanced" button next to the "basic" button on your screenshot. Please try and click this button and maybe post another screenshot of what you then see, OK?

IF you happen to use a miniDSP 2x4 HD, please read Chapter 7.4 of the users manual, if it's a miniDSP 2x4 read Chapter 3.11 of the users manual. This should be enlightening about biquad implementation.

Regards,
Winfried

Last edited: