Can I draw 2A from a .7A secondary (toroid)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One of the 300VA custom wound transformers with 230 and 250V windings had a break, so I had to open up the 230V wire anyway (double wire coming out of the transformer, as it combines the 230V and the 20V windings together).
Found the break and can now wire the 20V winding in reverse, so this should give me 27V~ and about 36Vdc when loaded.
Will work a charm for the 8 ohm usage. (ST specsheet: +/-35V for 70Wrms@8ohm 0.5% distortion, or 38V for 100Wrms at 10%).
Perfect for driving my 30Wrms Pioneer HPM60's. :rolleyes:

I think I will simply forget the transformer I opened this thread for.

I have found out who superR is :D, a former customer who bought two toroids from me, and now I might become a customer of him :p.

Thank you everyone for your contributions.

Questions and answers and discussions and arguments are all welcome here.

I don't welcome lazy Members who, having been pointed to a solution, do not and won't do their own research. Many Members are more tolerant than me.

Spir,
you appeared to be condoning the attitude of "it's OK to ask to be spoon fed, even though I have the knowledge and experience to do some of the work myself".

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.