Can anyone who designs t-lines help me out?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The owners of sundown audio is a sq guy and a bit of a speaker geek at heart. He is always pushing the limits of what can be done and has worked closely with Dan Wiggins and keeps in touch to get new ideas and feed off one another.

You can find klippel data on any sundown driver and many of them measure really, well.

Cool, good to know, thanks! What's DW up to these days? OK, where's the data for the ns-v3? I didn't see any specs, just a blank field when I clicked on the link.

GM

Cool, good to know, thanks! What's DW up to these days? OK, where's the data for the ns-v3? I didn't see any specs, just a blank field when I clicked on the link.

GM

He has his own company again, he consults for other manufacturers. I know this because Dan wanted to use sundowns surrounds for another company.

Not sure why it isn't posting.. I put it on my Facebook and its not private. I'll upload it to a image hosting site

Data-bass has measured a few Sundown drivers, take a look at the measurements and compare them to sims. The sims will not match the measurements. I think he measured the ZV3 and maybe the ZV4. You can check out the Stereo Integrity measurements too, as Jakob is involved with those drivers too. Not a single one of them when simulated will match a measurement. Believe me, I've tried. I simulated ALL the large coil drivers on data-bass in the enclosure size and type it was measured in and the sims do not match.

Having said that I've not encountered a large coil driver with Le/Re this low, although the Dayton HO is quite low too and still sims don't match measurements even on that. Long story short, I seriously doubt this driver's sims will match measurements either. I don't care how low the inductance measures.

Yeah the z4 was decently well behaved according to ricci, but still a bit strange on the impedance curve. My nsv3 has a bit longer coil, but a lot more aluminum. I know pole sleeves when combined with shorting rings can tremendously lower inductance. I used to have some acoustic elegance subs that were crazy low.. those were only a 2.5 inch coil though .

I may see if ricci wants to test my driver.. he has a z4 and z3 on there might as well add a nightshade to the mix.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.