Cambridge cd3 tray problems MAB controller

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm reparing an old Cambridge cd3 cd-player.

I already replaced the SAA7220P/B filter.

Everything seems to work ok again, also the display, the only thing is the the tray will not close when I push the Close button. Open works fine, same button.

I know the digital board had some high currents on it, thats why the SAA7220 filter was destroyed. I think the MAB controller on this digital board is partly broken too.

My questions:
- Their are two MAB controllers in the player 1. MAB8441P TO82 on the digital board (accompanied with some memorychip) and 2. MAB8441P TO65 on the backside of the controlpanel. What is the function of each one? which one do you think is functioning badly?
- Where do the digits TO82 stands for in the chipcode? I heard this is the way they are programmed for remote control in the factory ?
- Can I exchange a TO82 for another TOXX or won't it work? (my marantz cdplayer works fine on my cambridge remote control and their is an MAB8441P T146 controller in it. ???

Thank you,
Roy (Netherlands)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.