• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Calculations for an AIKIDO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,
i'm intended to build an aikido pre-amp with 2 of ECC88 (6922).

the voltage i'm intended to use for B+ is 200V and then here the calculations for the PSU:

Toroidal transofmer with a primary of 225Volt / 142Volt Sec. 70 VA.

(my calculations : 200V + 1.3V(drop of rect-diodes) = 201.3 / 1.414 = 142.3V and i estimate that 50mA is enough for both channel of Aikido).

Then... for what concern the rectifing i intend to use a "silly" Gretz-Bridge with 0.01uf bypass cap on each section (of the bridge) then a 100uf ELECT cap.

I'm right ?

And ... the last thing... i based the project about the schematic on the tubecad PCB pdf : http://www.tubecad.com/Aikido_9-pin_Mono_Rev-A_PCB.pdf) Do you think it's ok ?

thanks for support
Michele

Ciao Michele,
if you haven't already bought the transformer I'd suggest to use a higher voltage (200V ac) and to "drop" the excess voltage with multiple R-C cells, in order to bring ripple to lower level.

BTW with 200V B+ be careful not to exceed dissipation limit of the Ecc88, especially on the output tubes (been there, done that :hot: )

Aikido has a very good PSRR figure but feeding it from a clean supply doesn't hurt.

Ciao!

Andrea

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.