Calculating For Cabinet Enclosure Space

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry Guys, I didn’t mean to start something that was so controversy here! I just was looking for some opinions on the subject. It was a topic that came up I was together one night over a friend’s house and they asked me about my speakers. My speaker for the woofers has a total of 7 cubic feet in a sealed box. Dynaudio says the recommendation for the 30W100 is 4.5 cubic foot per driver. That’s when my other friend said since I have two woofers in the chamber undivided share a 7 cubic foot space how much better can it really get if I had a 9 cubic foot space. As we said, how much is the 2 cubic foot is hurting my bottom end. Because if you listened to my speakers I have all the sub bass you need. I’m even afraid to at times it might crack my sheet rock on the walls. My sound room is over 6500 cubic foot of space. And these speakers have no problem producing sub bass whatsoever. Grant it maybe my enclosure isn’t optimum as the specs call for, but you’ll never know by hearing it. So that’s how the subject came up.

Yea, as we discussed I’m not sure what I’m losing or if I can gain that much more since it does call for a 4.5 cubic foot enclosure and I’m running them together sharing that space as one can bleed into another’s space. Hell these cabinets are well big enough and squeeze another 2 cubic foot out of them is huge. Another question also brought up during our meeting. If the cabinet is the same cubic foot, what setup would produce a lower bass, sealed or vented? We never finished that discussion since we got interrupted with something else.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.