Bybee Quantum Purifier Measurement and Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having had a look at the makers website what is clear - to me at least - is that claims regarding "classified" embargo apply to the military usage rather than to the device per se. I am sure that no military force would wish for outsiders to know what exactly any device is used for. Thus it is reasonable to accept that the device may have some property at some part/s of the spectrum which answer military need.

IF SY and others are so adamant that any possible effect of these devices MUST have measurable properties within the normal audio band, perhaps he/they can tell us why do so many designs bother with any measurement or design stability above, say, a 22Khz lower limit?

Last edited:
IF SY and others are so adamant that any possible audible effect of these devices MUST have measurable properties within the normal audio band, perhaps he/they can tell us why do so many designs bother with any measurement or design stability above, say, 22Khz lower limit?

I added in an important qualifier in bold. I hope that's what you meant!

To the extent that out of band stuff becomes audible, it is because of the effects within the audible range. See the thread on RF effects for further discussion. Another example would be amps with poor stability margins- although their oscillations might be ultrasonic, the noise, distortion, and clipping/blocking that results can definitely be measured within the audio band.

The dissipative element is the 6 x 1 ohm resistors.
The QP outer sleeve measures 15 ohms end to end (according to a post somewhere).
Does the QP constitute a resistive load at high frequencies ?.

It is not well configured to do this. The resistor thingy has visible loop area that will allow flux to travel through. Ferrites do the same. For both, the total loop area is key to the device working.(For the discrete device from simon7000, it is easily seen to be a transformer in the signal path, with it's secondary loaded with 6 1 ohm resistors. Ferrites are just slightly less obvious.)

A thinwall cylinder does not have a large loop area, most of the flux will be either inside the thinwall cylinder where nothing happens, or outside the thinwall where again, nothing happens.

It is only at the radius of the cylinder that eddy's and dissipation can occur. However, the eddy's are proportional to the wall thickness to some power...I do not recall if it's the fourth power or second.. :(

Remember, the device this thread is about makes no rf claims. It does claim it causes the current to "slipstream" through the other conductors within the circuit. But does not define "slipstream".
Cheers, John

AVE...

Finally, I sat with cup of coffee and visited Bybee website, and read about their "amazing" technology. After that I had to clean my LCD screen. The description of the purifiers don't say, on which frequencies they work. It simply claims that with quantum purifier both audio and video will be better. Basing on this claim we can assume that this device works on any given frequency range with the same results. However the test results published here show that it's not working in the audio range and behaves like common resistor. Based on that information and my knowledge of both science and pseudo-science I can say two things:
1. Parasitic inductances and capacitances of this expensive resistor in fancy package can attenuate signal in gigahertz range only.
2. Everyone who says it works is either very naive or a fraud.

I believe it's time to close this topic...

EDIT:
"Slipstream" in this case can be defined as acceleration of electrons so they move easier and faster through circuits. This is a pure lie and proof of ignorance or a fraud in progress...

Last edited:
It is only at the radius of the cylinder that eddy's and dissipation can occur. However, the eddy's are proportional to the wall thickness to some power...I do not recall if it's the fourth power or second.. :(

Wish y'all would quit talkin' **** about me. :D

It does claim it causes the current to "slipstream" through the other conductors within the circuit. But does not define "slipstream".

"Slipstream" is the term they started using when they stopped using the term "Cooper pairs." The second electron "slipstreams" behind the first electron. Get it?

In other words, they're still playing on the BCS theory of superconductivity that they've been doing from the very beginning.

se

I added in an important qualifier in bold. I hope that's what you meant!

To the extent that out of band stuff becomes audible, it is because of the effects within the audible range. See the thread on RF effects for further discussion. Another example would be amps with poor stability margins- although their oscillations might be ultrasonic, the noise, distortion, and clipping/blocking that results can definitely be measured within the audio band.

Thanks SY.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Well, this thread is about measurements on the Bybee device that support the claims made for it. The only measured evidence we have so far does not support that they work. Personal experience with these things is not for discussion in this thread, except where the actual devices that Cal bought are concerned.

I expect that we have some members who have the experience and equipment required to test these further, and those tests may be forth coming later in time. I'd love to see what George (tubelab.com) comes up with for example. That's entirely up to George and Cal, not anyone else here.

The other discussion that doesn't belong here are any suggestions that measured performance does not correlate to what may (or may not) be heard. There is a thread dedicated for those discussions as well. It is intended that the two threads do not bleed into each other.

Any documented data from John Curl or Jack Bybee is more than welcome. It is customary for the manufacturer to back up their claims. In the case of a technical product operating on electrical signals, measurements are the accepted norm. I'd actually go as far as to say that measurements would be expected to accompany each product sold. If not, than at the very least, on some company web site.

-Chris

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Expanded PTFE Polymer Keeps Electrical and Electronics Cables Clean and Flexible | A fundamental understanding of the speed-torque curve it the key to specifying a dc motor that will do everything it needs to do | Machine Design:

Making PTFE starts with fluorspar, also known as fluorite, CaF2. The mineral is dissolved in sulfuric acid to create hydrofluoric acid, the basic building block of tetrafluoroethylene resin. The resin is extruded to form blocks or sheets of PTFE or synthesized into powder for future use.

Heating the polymer to about 300°C, below its 327°C melting point, and then rapidly applying force, expands the polymer’s microstructure to make ePTFE. The expanded polymer appears under atomic force microscopy as a network of densely coiled nodes connected by fibrils. This phenomenon was first discovered by W.L. Gore and Associates in 1969.

Controlling the expansion temperature, force, rate, and direction lets engineers dictate many microstructural attributes of ePTFE, including the network’s openness, density of the fibrils, and distance between nodes. Each microstructural configuration, combined with the final product form – fiber, tube, tape, or membrane – gives ePTFE products unique characteristics.

Expansion and additives can make ePTFE electrically and thermally conductive, or retain PTFE’s insulating qualities.

Though the expanded polymer is inherently chemically inert, engineers can impregnate substances that impart specific catalytic or chemical properties.

They can also impregnate pigments, or engineer it to stick to other, notoriously difficult-to-bond fluoropolymers.

For instance, supercapacitors use ePTFE’s porosity and increased surface area to store up to 5,000 f of charge and fuel cells rely on ePTFE to carry an ionomer catalyst.

ePTFE’s open structure can be engineered to absorb water or chemicals or remain hydrophobic.

Tailored expansion can give the polymer high or low dielectric constants, surface energies, abrasion resistance, hardness, stiffness, and light transmission.

A more open microstructure can be made absorbent or nonpermeable. This last property is the key to breathable fabrics and venting products.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Combination of carbon fibres (core electrical conductor) and ePTFE (as tape layers, each layer with different composition and treatment) surrounding the core, is a possible scenario for fabricating a “cable” or “accessory” with precisely trimmed –tailored to the application- electrical, magnetic, mechanical, optical, chemical properties.

These properties can be made to change abruptly or gradually in the axial and/or radial direction (assuming a cylindrical form).

All these are really interesting in RF and above for mil, aerospace, high level science. I bet that applications are already running in these fields.

I also bet that in these applications, utilisation of such materials and construction is justified (classified in some cases as well).

Note: Why do I write about ePTFE and carbon fibres? Because both are mentioned in Bybee Tech site. BybeeTech - Quantum Purification

Regards
George

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
A particle accelerator on a chip then.

Attachments

• 174085-CERN.jpg
    174085-CERN.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 279
Status
Not open for further replies.