Bybee Quantum Purifier Experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou.

Sorry about my delay in getting back - my on board Com2 port got fritzed by last nights lightning storm. :bigeyes:

Hello Danny,
Thankyou very much for your considered and informative reply - this is the sort of intelligent information and opinions that I am seeking.

I used my wife as a test subject and had her listen. She could tell a difference 100% of the time with them in or out of the circuit, and she is no audiophile.
What are your long term impessions, and your wife's long term impressions and opinion ?.
I could not see a lot of my customers buying these because of the cost of them ......
What is the current retail price and how many are walking out the door ?.
How much demonstrating and 'selling' of BQP's are you doing ?.
How these things work? I have no idea.
That does not actually matter in the slightest.
I believe there are reasons why they make clear and easy to hear changes on some systems and nothing on others. What they are I have no idea.
I have heard such differences in efficacy with other products in different systems.
I think I have some ideas on the whys - at least some of these amongst others are skull thickness, preconception and lack of perfect pitch.
I think the jury is still out in making a conclusion that everyone can accept.
Sure, some will hear and others will not hear fine differences, and this is partly due to the particular systems and the particular listeners.

I figure that if listeners like you and others are willing to state that they easily hear a difference, and that they prefer the difference, then this is good enough advice.

Percieved economic value of this difference is of course a whole different matter, and is of course system and owner dependant and not particularly relevant in this discussion of BQP sonics effect.

Can you give a little more info of your view of BQP sonic effect, and how you feel about it long term ?.

Regards,
Eric.

See Freds Post in another associated BQP thread for his full text.

"There may be things that the Bybee Quantum Purifiers do to the sound, I don't know.....
The inclusion of ferrite clamps on RFI could be an effect....

The claims about phonons would require a physicist in that area of research to discuss. I am not qualified to discuss those claims but passed on these claims to one of the most published researchers in the field and await a reply. There are plenty of papers on phonons on the web for the truly curious.

......I am open minded but have a hard time shelling out money for a product whose claims seem to be based on undocumented science of the type for which no verifiable measurements exist. ...."

Hi Phred,
I hear and agree with what you are saying, and agree that this concept is mysterious.
I have read elsewhere that some of the text on the Bybee site is deliberately misleading in order to hide commercial secrets, and also written by someone other than Jack Bybee.

I agree that shelling out for a pruduct without measurement proofs could be risky, however this does not counter comments from some of those who have heard BQP and vouch for their efficacy.

If you get feedback from your researcher friend, please tell us what you find out.

Eric.

Information Maze

diyAudio Retiree
Joined 2002
deliberately misleading is a good thing?

I don't even deny that the product might make audible differences, but think about what you have written........

"I have read elsewhere that some of the text on the Bybee site is deliberately misleading in order to hide commercial secrets, and also written by someone other than Jack Bybee."

Why would anyone want to buy a product based on deliberately misleading information? Why would the inventor of a legitimate device let someone else publish such information on it, without bothering to correct it? Are that many quantum physicist waiting in the wings to steal the technology and make copies? Isn't something that unique worthy of patent protection?

Someone wrote that maybe they didn't know much about marketing. To sell these at $80 a pop with these claims suggest somebody that knows a whole lot about marketing with little need to know much else!!!

Misleading Maybe For Definite Reasons ?.

See my post in the other BQP thread .

I have also read that the BQP invention is military classified, so maybe he his not allowed to spill the full beans, and for the same reason not allowed to patent it - this would not be a first.

If the product works sonically as described, to my mind the quality of the literature does not really matter, but indeed does invite suspicion or skepticism unfortunately.

Ever read any speaker wire literature - some that I have read really do cross the boundaries, but despite this (or because of ) some of these names have gone on to become household terms.
Bose is another that comes to mind !.

Eric.

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
CLASSIFIED.

Hi,

Wow! So this guy is risking a life sentence in Federal prison in order to help us all get better sound. What a saint! I take back every snide comment I've ever made about Bybee.

Pretty negative attitude, no?

Why not just put a small neocork in it and see how things develop?

Cynicism is one thing, not giving anything a chance includes not giving yourself a chance.:rolleyes:

Cheers, ;)

The Ruse Goes On Forever and the Party Never Ends

mrfeedback said:
See my post in the other BQP thread .

I have also read that the BQP invention is military classified, so maybe he his not allowed to spill the full beans, and for the same reason not allowed to patent it - this would not be a first.

If the product works sonically as described, to my mind the quality of the literature does not really matter, but indeed does invite suspicion or skepticism unfortunately.

Ever read any speaker wire literature - some that I have read really do cross the boundaries, but despite this (or because of ) some of these names have gone on to become household terms.
Bose is another that comes to mind !.

Eric.

So he is allowed to sell products that are classified military technology while there are export restrictions on even commercial products that might be put to military use. The excuses and mythology continues. Most speaker wire literature is total nonsense also. But if it crosses the boundaries, then the BQP literature orbits the earth. If the product works sonically, why do you hear the most outrageous lies about it. Half-baked goggle-boxed do-gooders telling everybody its based on quantum physics. Pernicious nonsense! They ought to have 'em too. When they canceled the project it almost did me in. One day my mind was ready to burst. The next day nothing swept away. But I showed them.

Sincerely,

J. Fred Parnell

Fred / Has got all night every night!

Attachments

• repomandvd1.jpg
    repomandvd1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 495
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Psychological warfare ...

Maybe some forms of the deceptive psy-ops used by the military are classified. That's the only similarity I see here.

The problem with me posting anything negative about such things as Bybee filters is that it migth come back to haunt me when I decide to start a business seeling some other form of audio snake oil.

The people who sell this sort of snake oil are unbelievably cynical. Like faith-healers.

Although I am tempted to take a dim view of the intelligence of the people who fall for this sort of nonsense, I can't, because of personal experience getting conned by a street bum out of $80 one day. He told me a truly unbelievable story about his car getting towed away and ... well , never mind.

Of course, HE had an excuse, he probably wanted to get high.

The people who con you out of $80 for Bybee filters ... they are laughing all the way to the bank. To be able to write the drivel on their marketing pages with a straight face must be nearly impossible; I can imagine them falling off their chairs writing it.

If You Don't Know, Then Shutup Or **** Off.

So far...., all sorts of arguments about the website, but still only one reply from someone who as actually used BQP.

Seems kinda strange how some of you guys seem to know so much without having done so much as look at one, much less having tried them.

Reminds me of the battle that Galileo or Copernicus had in their day. :rolleyes:

So to all you such kowledgable ones, why is it that this device cannot work, keeping in mind that some respected minds vouch for them ?.

All I actually asked for was experience of BQP - not more and not less.

Eric.

Re: If You Don't Know, Then Shutup Or **** Off.

mrfeedback said:
So to all you such kowledgable ones, why is it that this device cannot work, keeping in mind that some respected minds vouch for them ?.

All I actually asked for was experience of BQP - not more and not less.

If some respected minds already vouch for them, what do you care what a bunch of jamokes on a DIY audio board have to say? What, you're going to base your decision on what some unrespected minds have to say? Just buy the damned things and try 'em already.

se

Re: bybeee

vince8 said:
Why doesn't one of you obtain one and do what I'd imagine we've all done in past...dismantle it and see what's in there. Any pictures out there?

According to John Curl, it's basically a conventional 0.02 ohm metal film resistor with a ceramic tube over it, some end caps and some heatshrink. The leads of the device are the leads of the metal film resistor.

That much is probably true. The only question being what the ceramic is. My gut, judging from all the smoke Bybee has blown, says it's likely nothing more than ferrite or perhaps aluminum oxide rather than some exotic high temperature superconducting ceramic. However that can't be answered with enough certainty without a proper chemical analysis.

I've been meaning to check around and get some pricing on such an analysis and if it's not terribly expensive, I'll buy one and have the ceramic analyzed.

se

Snake oil and stuff....

The people who con you out of $80 for Bybee filters ... they are laughing all the way to the bank.

Thank you very much Mr. Mirlo but I didn't decide to pick up this product because I need to trick people out of their money.

I decided to carry the Bybee's because I liked the difference they made in my system.

I don't have to or need to sell them at all.

In fact, despite a really bad economy we had our best year ever last year, and this year looks great too. Our products get great reviews all over the Internet everyday and I didn't have to con anyone into buying any of them either.

Heck, I haven't even taken the time to add the Bybee's to our web site.

Having never tried a Bybee filter yet telling everyone how they do or do not work is kind of like trying to tell everyone what beer is the best tasting beer having never even tasted beer before.

The only one of any of you that gave any good advice was my one time adversary (some other debate once) Steve Eddy.

Try them and find out for yourself.

Hey a sent out a hole bunch of them out free of charge to the regulars on the Mad board that I knew.

For you guys that I don't know it works like this. Order them and give them a try. If for any reason you don't like them, send them back for a refund.

I won't rip you off. I have way to good of a reputation and way to good of a business in this industry to risk any bad word of mouth about anything. I have more to risk than any of you.

byebe

just a thought...I've potter friends who sometimes have problems with glazes and the "fitting" of a particular glaze to a particular clay body...at any temperature range from earthenware to stoneware.A new discipline has arisen...the "consultant". These guys have expertise to analyze a given ceramic and tell ...what elements it contains...and more! It makes me wonder if bybee has a kiln in his back yard...or an interest in some of the newer and truly exciting uses and developments in ceramics...

Status
Not open for further replies.