• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Burr Brown Opamps coming this week OPA627/637

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
KP11520: " ... The shame here is that TI has forced many to look "Elsewhere" for the 627s in DIP. They won't be making any, from what they have said, until Spring 2008 ..."

A part of the reason for this is that the single channel '627 in the TO-99 can and its suggested PCB layout will result in better specifications (especially CMRR, noise rejection, etc.) than the 8-pin DIP physical layout will allow (there is just not enough room around the input & output to make that cute little shielding ring). Take a look at page 11 of the .PDF docs for clarification ... :eek:

Hi FE,

I guess that is great for new designs with even better specs, but for the modding community (especially beginner types like myself) this could be considered a disaster!

Even kits and premade PCBs for headphone amps, etc. all want the DIP package!

I guess this is where creativity has to supercede common sense! YIKES! I have to see if I can find some, somewhere (common sense that is).

Regards//Keith

That's not so bad! I've seen pictures here of all kinds of rigging, so that is nothing. Pinout the same for pins 1 through 8? Since it is in a "metal can" is there any way to ground it to reduce RF affecting it (if it does or can anyway)? The "metal can" probably helps dissapate heat better too. Are the components in the "can" higher quality than the 8 pin DIP?

Thanks for showing me alternative ways!

Regards//keith

Verified fakes

Well, I bought 50 pcs OPA627AP from Effect Connection last summer (26th of June, 2007). Not until now have I've take the time to measure the chips, and this is what I get:

Attachments

• tek0001.jpg
    tek0001.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 299
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.