Burning Amplifier BA-2

I have fix the problem regarding DC-Ofset on both channels.
Bad solder connection of the cabling in between bias pcb & output pcb.
Sometimes the root cause of a problem has the most simple solution and because it is so obvious we do not take it under consideration us the first action that needs to be performed.
Second problem current searing on left channel (40 mV bracket in between the 10 mosfets)
According to Zen Mod we are still good.
Is it worth it to start changing mosfets or just live them as they are (is it worth the effort sonically speaking).

Attachments

• PC170950.JPG
    PC170950.JPG
    634.8 KB · Views: 442
  • PC170951.JPG
    PC170951.JPG
    388.6 KB · Views: 427
  • PC170952.JPG
    PC170952.JPG
    546.4 KB · Views: 405
  • PC170953.JPG
    PC170953.JPG
    648 KB · Views: 350
  • PC170954.JPG
    PC170954.JPG
    405.8 KB · Views: 361
  • PC170955.JPG
    PC170955.JPG
    630.1 KB · Views: 185
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
just leave them as is and enjoy

let say that difference of +/-8% in current isn't worth prolong waiting to hear it

when you have a chance ( and bug is obviously there , so you'll buy them more , for sure ) to buy more mosfets , then match them tightly and replace

Last edited:
if reg is situated near BA FE , you don't need additional decoupling , especially with shunt regs , where too much of capacitance on output is counter-productive

if reg is situated at more than , say ,10cm from BA FE , you'll need some local decoupling , just in case

Many thanks.
Listening to the BA-2 front end before and after the reg was installed showed that there was no alteration in the overall personality of the sound except for a lowering of background noise and improvement of low level detail. The distance between reg and FE is about 4cm.

if reg is situated near BA FE , you don't need additional decoupling , especially with shunt regs , where too much of capacitance on output is counter-productive

if reg is situated at more than , say ,10cm from BA FE , you'll need some local decoupling , just in case

Happy New Year to everyone. :cheers:

I'm thinking of trying some decoupling so what value of capacitance should I try?
Chris

Joined 2011
Paid Member
help biasing deep 6... with ba3

seems I run in to a problem here...
trying to bias the output stage alone ( no ba3)..... get almost 10A in to the psu from the rectifier, and 1.5v over the 1ohm source resistor ????
it starts out at 0 but in maybe 10 sec it skyrockets up... no diffrence if I adjust p101 or p102
HELP... what do I do?
anyone?? ideas???
thanks