clap.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 1,785
  • crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,784
Joined 2009
Paid Member
.... now try them with Shunty

O.K. the holes of Shunty are still in the case, so a try is no problem! :)

and I have no problems at all to put any new board in my pre..... there are so many holes from the last 3 years and from about 5 different pres and different attenuators, that I can put any gadget in and find the fitting holes immediately..........:D:D:D:D:D:D:D........ music with BBA-3 has a very good depth and athmosphere .........even when I use it balanced in and unbalanced out for my F4.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
So Generg like BBA3 with single pair on outputs and a trafo on input.:scratch2: You still using F4 without input Jfets? How about smaller ratio stepup trafo?

Hi Buzz,

at the moment I have the FETs again in front of the xformer.....

reason...... I have a 10 k TKD stereo pot at the unbalanced output, so I wanted to keep the 100k input of the F4.

The TKD is unfortunately much better than my expensive balanced 10k stereo pot consisting of an Elma switch and Takman and Vishay foil resistors, but exists in my version only unbalanced.
Maybe after some time I take simply two and regulate a bit more.....

smaller ratio stepup is a problem, I have to buy a new one and they are often expensive.....

Hi Buzz,

at the moment I have the FETs again in front of the xformer.....

reason...... I have a 10 k TKD stereo pot at the unbalanced output, so I wanted to keep the 100k input of the F4.

The TKD is unfortunately much better than my expensive balanced 10k stereo pot consisting of an Elma switch and Takman and Vishay foil resistors, but exists in my version only unbalanced.
Maybe after some time I take simply two and regulate a bit more.....

smaller ratio stepup is a problem, I have to buy a new one and they are often expensive.....

I think you told me before, but why have the pot after the Ba-3 instead of in front.

regarding xformers - you must to try this and decide ;

regarding other things - with input resistors increasing you'll not gain anything ( wrong approach - there is no attenuation with that , or at least - there you can gain wrong type of attenuation) , but you need to decrease already mentioned 200 ohms resistor ( but not much - maybe 20%) ......... and also ( which I forgot to wrote , before first morning coffee ) - increase R10 and R11 to 27R , and decrease R13 to same value ;
same on both sides

dunno - that's heavy bleeding of things , I didn't tried it ;
so - you need to test it

Thanks Zen Mod. Advice taken. Will build, listen and report.

I did think about that initially. But then, the control over the sound would be very little as compared to an active solution. But then, what's wrong in trying the cheap solution first. The BA-3B won't go a waste because I want to use them with crippled F4 to drive Fostex 168Sigmas in Quarter Wave Tubes.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
BBA-3

what I can say to the qualities of BBA-3.......:D

I have a Meridian CD-Player with balanced and unbalanced output....

with BBA-3 the difference between balanced in and unbalanced in is very very big......!

Such a big difference was not to hear with Aleph P and even Pumpkin(g) my favorite pre...

conclusion....... 1. the balanced input of BBA-3 is the best I ever had.:D:D

2. the unbalanced input of BBA-3 is the worst I ever
had...:eek::eek:

3. ...... (fill in yourself and tell me)..................:)

and a question I cannot answer....

using the BBA-3 unbalanced in and out is the same thing as using a simple BA-3 or is there still a difference?
shorting the in and outputs of one half makes this half dead or is the shorted half still of any use for the activated half?

I am so dumb that I belong to the dump...... :):):)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
and a question I cannot answer....

using the BBA-3 unbalanced in and out is the same thing as using a simple BA-3 or is there still a difference?
shorting the in and outputs of one half makes this half dead or is the shorted half still of any use for the activated half?

:):):)

ya see that common resistor between sources of two halves ?

make it from 100+100 ohms , then route their common point to gnd via switch

when you need unbal in + unbal out , flip switch on , then use just one side

or you can use both for stereo :rofl:
or you can make 4-channel Home ooking theater of it :rofl:

bal stage is good for converter duty , but can be lousy when flapping side needs to be virtual ground for active side
that can be the case here ....
even if only Pa can confirm that fully ...... like always , I'm here just for public disgrace

Attachments

• buehehe.gif
    buehehe.gif
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,728