Building "the best"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Builing "the best"

Hi! i am a norwegian diy freak! I was thinking on all the "junk" located at warious junkyards etc. I`m planning on going to such places to pick out parts from thrown stuff to build a realy great amp! I am technical electrician educated, so i know some things already. Can someone give me suggestions on good transistors etc. to look for and also what "junk" that contains these parts. Example: any of interest in TV sets, TIG velders, Copy machines etc..

You won't find "the best" looking in a junkyard, but probably the 2 most invaluable things to look for would be welders and car battery chargers. They will have nice big transformers that can possibly be used in an amp. Second to this would be anything electronic of course, but with SMPS's so prevalent, it is hard to find good transformers and large value caps in them. They often have usable heatsinks in them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.