building New amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Indian guitarists and electronics and all others!

Yours posts looking was so far, but it not so bad to tell you this very (but few) good proposal. Before some time I put here thread for asking about HH 212 combo VS Musician schematic, but here was anyone to give me something. It is one of the successful vintage (but) solid state amps, but I will repeat this here again - which sounded so good that was one of the best what I ever heard. Still I found it schematic on freestompboxes.org (off-shore) • View topic - Build an HH VS musician AS00015/A tone correction module.

There are schematic pics, also with "secret" HH VS musician AS00015/A tone correction module which they discovered there.

So, of course you can make preamp stages I think easily - it is simple OP preamp, what I very recommend because they was obviously very carefully designed for such good guitar sound. It amp also can sounding exactly what one of you asked - lower.

For the beginning also you can find any older spring reverb module, but it is not always neophyte to use this sound effect.

Output stage you can make any, but for serious using, it original are very good and powerful.

For speakers I can to recommend to you very good solutions specially for you in India, because anyway I build speakers, but specially because you can there to buy speaker, or buy parts to build speakers because India has many speaker shops. You can put in your guitar speaker box, speakers size from 8", to 12". It can be with one of such speaker, or I very recommend two (one next to other) - the best guitar box combination. Such speakers must be with full paper membrane (not rubber or similar surround), with something bigger but thin paper dust cap, with bigger magnet (recommended) with narrow magnet fissure where going voice coil, and thicker magnets poles. Voice coil should be on the kapton, paper or similar - non metal base (it could be aluminum but it's not so recommended). Voice coil should be normal two layer voice coil, not very high - just something higher than magnet pole pieces are thick (calculating only windings) - for good response in middle guitar frequencies. Spider should not be too big. Guitar speaker box you can build without strong requirements following the example of some well-known guitar speaker boxes, just with appropriate size for speaker which will go inside. Box can be closed or even very wide opened from the back side. Not use only MDF, or thick wood, it is for HI-FI boxes.

In India you can do all of it very easy, so good luck! :)

Peter

P.S. Oh please, do you can send me some parts from India???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.