Building in Stainless steel and timber!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Very nice Terry :) The leather started me thinking about finishing my front baffles, but I think that might be too much of a challenge! Glad you pointed me to this thread, I hadn't seen it. The pictures of the back of the baffle with the MW144 mounted have me thinking I will revisit whether or not to take out some more of my mounting holes maybe an extra 2-3mm I think.

Also If I can get something approaching that smoothness between 1K and 5K I'll be very happy!! certainly the measurements I did before would indicate this would be almost impossible (but as you know I don't trust them)... though most of my dips seem to correspond to what the BDS simulation predicted.... Was the measurement done in an anechoic chamber?

Tony.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
My history has been designing for others. A saleable product MUST have excellent asthetics. I also personnaly like a speaker to look cool. As with most of speaker design it's all a balancing act.

Terry

I thought you had some of your own designs for sale as well? The first I saw was a Home theater setup that was reviewed in the guide (Sydney Morning Herald) probably five or six years ago. Had a price tag well out of my reach ;) One of the things that stuck in my mind was that you could order almost any finish you could think of :)

It was that review (and that it mentioned that you were the distributor for morel in Aus) and the emails that ensued, that lead me to making the decision to purchase the MW-144's and DMS-37's I'd been eying off the Mw-144's and was considering the MDT-33, but in the end the DMS-37 won out, probably more for price reasons, but I suspect it was the right choice from what you have told me since :)

:cheers:

Tony.

Thanks Tony, That response is measured with gated sine waves in my heavily treated measuring room. The room measures 10*5.5*4 metres and the results are as good as anechoic chambers. In fact unless you can find a chamber that big.... .

Your results should be =, same drivers, decent box, same x-over, there's nothing left to go wrong.

I may get flamed for this but, measuring speakers is difficult until you learn a lot about how to do it. Years ago, an guy worked for EA, (I won't embarress him) and could not match the response curves I had for the JV60s he had for review. A long conversation as I queried his set up. I told him to move the hammer and the paint can off his bench, he was surprised it altered his curves and he wrote for EA. Go figure!

Terry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.