Building crossover to block bass

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You are facing a problem that the big minds in mobile audio resolved about 30 years ago ( I guess, though bi-amping with active crossovers, it's been done since the Fourties of the past century ? ) with the subwoofer & electronic (line level) crossover. The same thing is repeated with the advent of multimedia 2.1 and now with some "advanced" dock stations ( ? )- Not to mention regular home hifi where subwoofers...well, active is the WORD.
The value of the components is excessive for the very low freq and brings some limitations - also COST and SIZE and WEIGHT
The line level crossovers, which are simply RC (lowpass), CR ( HP)
apply for the same formula and have values much smaller for the high impedance, in this case the input of an amplfier, than the ones calculated for LS which aren't linear ( as an electronic device would aim to be ) and have to carry current, either.:masked:

To be rational !!!
Once you understand how the system works..!?!
My first suggestion, to buy ( or, in a DIY perspective, to try ) new speakers, wasn't bad at all: thinking later that the actual ones are 2 Ω -the only data available- makes me speculate on rising distortion ( = no control of cone movement ) because on low loads and heavy currents, despite what P. Babin says, all active devices distort.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.