Building an Assemblage DAC 2.6 from scratch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The final touch. I installed labels on the front panel. Note a reproduction of the Assemblage Logo in the middle where the blue power on led is located.

Attachments

• dac 2.6-fp2_small.jpg
    dac 2.6-fp2_small.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 714
Using the ML37 ST-Optical Output I was finally able to check and listen to my ST-Optical Input PCB option that I built for the Assemblage 2.6.

First, the ST interface is 100% functional, so my design and PCB were Ok. The result is very good indeed. I think that I get the best result with this DAC with the optical interface. The sounds is fast with a lot of impact and details. Very good indeed.

The best thing is also that I can use a very long optical fiber and the sound don't degrade opposite to a coax.

I'm using a 3m fiber and the sound is as good as the BNC input using the D-60 Illuminati cable.

The fiber is a NORDX/CDT 62.5um, ST/PC connectors at both ends.

I'll use this dac upstair and will probably run the fiber from the ML37 downstair to the living room upstair so I'll be able to enjoy the super transport using two DAC's :D

I forgot to mention...I read that two of the OPA604s (not sure which two) are used as servos here: http://www.audioxpress.com/reviews/media/GA600GG.pdf

I think I've maybe seen it mentioned elsewhere; not sure.

If it's doing something else, let me know (such as doing something like what hawksford notes for op-amp i/v in his paper on current steering transimpedance)

Hawksford's figure (I think?) -
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.