• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Building a Tube PreAmp for Teddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pound is still a pound, 16oz no one has changed it. The metric equivalent is 453.6 grams. Up here in the great white north, Canada, we average it to 454 grams. Canada switched to the metric system a while ago. There are many stores who use still use both systems, and advertise using both. The pound weight has not changed. Meat is commonly sold as $/pound or $/454 gr the price is the same. Come and visit us if you don't believe me.

multisync

I am aware that a pound is still a pound. That is not reason I put that down. The reason I stated what I stated is that we had one system of measure. And they changed it. Yet the pricing does not reflect those changes.

Example of that is that in 1969, they took the lead out of gas, and we pay more for it. Now we get our gas mixed with alcohol and we pay for that too.

oh ya, did they not tell us it would be cheaper.
Take Care

Ivey

Last edited:
kevinkr

You are right.., it is.

I must control myself, when I find myself challenged.

At one time, I thought like most people thought. Until something happen. And I found out it was all a lie.

Nothing is as it seems. Clear and perfect. I learned this the hard way. It cost me dear friends and family. I did a lot for this country and its government. I suffered a lot for doing it too.

There is so much, no there is too much out there that we are not being informed of. Who is to judge when to inform us.

New Orleans was a wake up call, emergency equipment and supplies on paper, and none on hand. Who does what and when. But the money and materials was never there. Only the paper work was there. Looks good on paper, does it not

Take Care

Ivey

Sy

In 1939, they stated that man would never leave the planet. And getting to the moon. Impossible.

In 1940 government officials stated that an atomic weapons was impossible.

PCB would be developed in 1980's

Crystal electronics (transistors) would not come until 1990's or later.

Physics is not a concrete science.

You do not know what is happening in every lab on this planet.

I was part of something big and great in the science world. I can not tell you what I seen or know.

All I can tell you is that things are changing. For the better. I do not know. But they are changing.

Take Care

Ivey

It was old before it was written

My graduate thesis just went out the door!!!!!!!!!!!

When I studied learned electronics in the late forties and early 1950's. Electrons was 5o years old.

What we studied and went over was long pass their prime. We wrote thesis on items that have been proven or improved. Or we add our own little twist to it, to call it our own.

There are men in Russia today, that will run rings around you and me. Because I no longer have a government with the desire to explore.

Please..., get real

[FONT=Arial,helvetica]Is there nothing in the subatomic world that is indivisible? [/FONT]

Yes there is. Nothing
Take Care

Ivey

Last edited:
My graduate advisor had me working on cold fusion for 3 mos.

Fortunatley, for the above inventions/ technology, the constant of an electron was pretty constant!

The constant's will work pretty well for building a preamp for Teddy too.

Cheerio's

Last edited:
You do not know what is happening in every lab on this planet.

No I don't, for sure, but I do know there's no perpetual motion or fractionally charged electrons or electrons with protons and neutrons in their "core" or fermions that travel at the speed of light. And I'm pretty sure that they all know what the speed of light is!:D

Seriously, there's a point at which you have to say, "I have no idea what I was talking about, sorry." Spreading of blatant misinformation does neither you nor the other participants here any good.

How is Dr. Pons? I haven't heard his name in quite a while. I will admit that I don't do anything close to what I went to school for and don't pay that much attention.

This thread reminds me alot of the movie "The Men Who Stare at Goats".

Last edited:
Then your Dr Pon should know of me

I help build that nuclear controls for the fission sodium plant in California, in the 1950's. And we told them that their seals would leak. We had a near melt down. Lots of radiation.

If he remembers me, if he is the same man. I said Hi

Now I will return to building the preamp.

Take Care

Ivey

Yea it was a cluster. Everybody said it wouldn't work but they didn't know for sure so they stuck us in the same bay as the campus reactor.

I always felt like I was glowing. I did feel safer than another project I was assigned to. How to defuel spent dummy torpedo's:eek: But that is a good topic for the Lounge.

SGregory

For years they blamed the motor valve controllers, relay banks, wiring, and switching that we installed. We felt really bad. 9 years went by before they told us, it was the seals leaking.

We could not believe that the valves would not open or shut, to allow the sodium to flow.

I thought that I would be arrested.

Well, it is over, and I lived in that hell for years. But it does not make it better.

I never got paid for the all the over time. Never.

Take Care

Ivey

Status
Not open for further replies.