Building a symmetrical PSU B1 buffer

Was there not a checklist posted back up a bit that told you what to check at power up? Things like the voltage across the 68//68 and so on?

Merlin: yes, all the LEDs should be lit, and you should be able to notice the power fets getting warm. The relay should click. Did you solder in the jumpers?

Oh, and post some pics, it might really help. Topside and bottomside and a pic in its case if you have got that far.

Visit this post for a pretty clear view of the board, helpful in checking orientation:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass...symmetrical-psu-b1-buffer-82.html#post2043290

Fran

Last edited:
Ok, I put some leds in my other board and got a bit better results.

I'm getting 8.77v and -6.17v @ the center position.

I got half the leds lit up on this board. I guess I got some in backwards.

The short leg on the led is the cathod right and it should face that way |) ?

Where is that checklist, that would be helpful.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The short lead on the flat rim side is the cathode. There is a [) symbol on the boards for each row's orientation. Just put the dark ones the same way you put the lit ones in their respective rows. Have you got lit ones in all rows?

You need 3 AC leads. 12-0-12. What exactly you have there now? Can you take a picture?

DSC00097.JPG

Great, I got one working. I get ~10v at the center points, and I heard the relay click over.

Last edited:
Hmm, maybe a cold solder joint. I just reset the 3 leds that were off.

Also, I'm using 24vac into the dcb1.

The other unit is a bit odd. The bottom leds light up then fade off after 30 seconds. I've check the orientation of the leds and transistors they all look correct.

Last edited: