Building a complete Preamp with an Arduino, remote, volume and input control

Joined 2019
Paid Member
I feel the choice of circuit python is a personal preference.

To an extent, but often it's dictated by circumstances. Sometimes an obsessed manager, sometimes an existing codebase.

So I'll go with Python because Max has written his code in Python and it'll be easier to work from that than start from scratch in C or C++.

For something else I might well use C or C++. Who knows, perhaps I'll come to merely dislike Python instead of loathing it :)

For the case I use the Modu Galaxy as I wanted it to match my Hypex amplifier. They are nice cases, easy to put together and modify. I asked them to send me a non-anodised one as I prefer the look of bare aluminium compared to black anodising. It also makes grounding much easier. I am going to try and make a front panel out of 10mm transparent acrylic but still working out the details.
Nice, just saw the image with the aluminum profiles for the case. May I ask you where are you getting the special profile for the sides? Thank you very much!

Thanks very much. I was looking for standalone profiles cut to length instead a complete box.
Ah OK, gotcha. I'm not aware of these profiles being sold separately but have you considered some of the common aluminium profiles? For example I used 2060 profile here in this project and found it great to work with. This profile comes in 2040, 2060, 2080, 20100 (20mm x 100mm) etc. You can get it on eBay, Aliexpress etc. Or slimmer version like 15180 (15mm x 180), e.g. here, or 1560.

Reactions: 1 user
Ah OK, gotcha. I'm not aware of these profiles being sold separately but have you considered some of the common aluminium profiles? For example I used 2060 profile here in this project and found it great to work with. This profile comes in 2040, 2060, 2080, 20100 (20mm x 100mm) etc. You can get it on eBay, Aliexpress etc. Or slimmer version like 15180 (15mm x 180), e.g. here, or 1560.
No, that was exactly what I was looking for!
Max, thank you very much!

Last edited: