Building a Class D amp acting like Class A. Is it possible?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Absolutely guys, a feedforward error correction of a class D with a lightweight but extremely linear class A is doable. But, given the OP's demonstration of different amplifier topologies, he/she has a LOT of studying to do.

As far as a need for such error correction, given how good many monolithic class D amps are, is that multiple order of magnitude increase in complexity (and need for precision components) all that beneficial?

Last edited:
As far as a need for such error correction, given how good many monolithic class D amps are, is that multiple
order of magnitude increase in complexity (and need for precision components) all that beneficial?

Hi,

Depends on what your arguing about. Build a small class A that sounds nice.
Turbo it using feedforward with a Class D amplifier. In theory using the
feedforward topology the Class A amplifier will fix any faults of class D.

Its only a matter of time IMO that valve + Class D will be common.
Not for ultra low distortion, but for a valve sound with some juice.

rgds, sreten.

Last edited:
Cheers. :)

Do understand, no less, that I do enjoy absurd overkill for its own sake, but at the same time, I'd enjoy helping others actually *finish* projects. :D

I have done current dumping, I listen to my home brewed complementary output stage quad 405 based circuit. :) Class D plus error correction is next on the hit list, but since the COD 405 sounds so good, its not a priority.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.