• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Will not work with BII because you need to enable the comparator (to boost the signal to ttl level) with SPDIF and disable the comparator with I2S (to avoid mixing the signals coming out of the comparator -if there is no signal in the comparator, it will output low).

For dual mono, once the signal is in TTL level then you just share the signal with the other DAC

Does not turning off the S/PDIF dip switch on B2 disable the comparator? If so, then isn't all that is necessary to do S/PDIF-to-I2S input switching into B2 via Sidecar, is toggle between the two inputs via SideCar trigger, and separately turn off the S/PDIF dip switch on B2?

Does not turning off the S/PDIF dip switch on B2 disable the comparator? If so, then isn't all that is necessary to do S/PDIF-to-I2S input switching into B2 via Sidecar, is toggle between the two inputs via SideCar trigger, and separately turn off the S/PDIF dip switch on B2?

You still need a way to boost the spdif signal to TTL level. The spidf switch does not disable the comparator, it disconnects the output of the comparator to D1

It's this bit "and separately turn off the S/PDIF dip switch on B2" that will be tricky.

If TP could offer a module like Sidecar, but with an extra relay and wire to turn S/PDIF on/off on B2, then some of your B2 customers would be grateful.:D I suspect there are more than a few who like me are trying to toggle between a single RBCD transport input and a USB/I2S device for hi-res.

I am looking for any suggestions that might explain or lead to a remedy. Running dual mono BII. SPDIF into the first and linking D1 and Ground to the second. Everything fine up to 24 / 176 but 24 / 192 locks on the first BII not on the second fed from the D1 of the first over about 4 inches of ribbon cable. Adding an R to ground from the D1 input on the second BII and everything works. Is there a problem with loading the D1 connection? Is there a suggested value? What might be causing this behavior?
Thanks
Stephen

confusion!

Hey Mates

I'm gettin' confused here. I have a BII (stereo, just a single board) and I need to switch between two SPDIF input, I don't need DSD at the moment but it could be that I would also add it in the furure.

What's the best way to select between multiple SPDIF input? S/PDIF 4:1 MUX/Receiver Module, B3_spdif_4, changing the plug manually!?!?

The other issue is about sonic performance, can this switching potentially degrade sound? For the S/PDIF 4:1 MUX/Receiver Module I notice that incoming bits are first processed by a CS receiver. Is this better than going directly into the SABRE?

Best Wishes
Pietro

Joined 2009
Paid Member
A single pole double throw switch will work...

Like this rated 3A 250VAC - 6A 125VAC on-on with outputs 2 pins middle position & inputs 2 pins left side and 2 pins right side:

Attachments

• DSC00031.jpg
    DSC00031.jpg
    511.5 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.