• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Buffalo II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got mine as well. No case yet :).

_smaller.jpg

_smaller.jpg

Joined 2003
Paid Member
It would be very simple to give you firmware the switches between OSF and Non-OSF. It is just a matter if it makes sense to bother. I would never use the chip in Non-OSF mode.

Even Volumite could easily be made to do this.

Remember all this register does is bypass the very first section of digital processing. In the end unless you turn off the Jitter reduction (which would be foolish) it will be re-sampled in any case, just not filtered.

Cheers!
Russ

Russ,

Is the first section of digital processing active if the DAC is being fed via I2S instead of SPDIF?

Thanks!

Greg in Mississippi

Legato boards are here, and we will be finalizing parts selection this week. We should have kits in about two weeks.

Suppose someone ( :D ) wants to use Buffalo 32 and Legato I/V stage solely with a DC coupled electrostatic headphone amplifier. In fact, it would be installed in the same case.

It is a known fact that direct current is bad for dynamic speakers (coil transducers).

Giving the fact that electrostatic transducers already act as capacitors, is it possible to short the pins dedicated to the coupling capacitors at Legato to make it DC coupled?

If that is not possible, how to calculate the low-pass filtering effect of the coupling capacitor combined with the capacitance of the electrostatic transducer itself (for instance, Stax SR-003, which has 44pf capacitance with cable)?

Last edited:
Sorry guys, finally realized how to order now after spent some hrs to go through all 66 pages, that's mean I missed this batch of BII. Really interesting project but can't find any detail discussion about the dual mono configuration between the normal one. I'm tempted to build myself a BII but struggling between these two ste-up, could anyone help on this?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.