brutus 1600w

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
here's what i got from the driver the first one is the first two drivers the second one is the last two.

Attachments

• IMAGE_099.jpg
    IMAGE_099.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMAGE_100.jpg
    IMAGE_100.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 123
Do you possibly have an intermittent connection in the circuit feeding the gate leg of the FET that keeps failing?

Are the gate resistors all within tolerance?

For the waveforms...
What were the vertical amp and timebase settings?

Did you set the trace precisely on the reference line before touching the probe to the test point on the board?

Is your scope grounded to the same point as the amplifier?

yeah i set everything as best i could i have to re calibrate my scope its old and its starting to give distorted pictures the two on the far left is whats linked to the one that keeps blowing.i was gonna pull that part.

Attachments

• brutus driver output.jpg
    brutus driver output.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 118
I don't have an exact cross but I've used the BD139 and BD140 as substitute power supply drivers without any problems. The leads are a bit larger than the transistors in that amp but they should fit. The BD140 would be the sub for the C3227.

Are you sure that it's defective? The PNP is the one that generally fails.

Did you try removing the FET that keeps failing to see if any others would fail?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.