broken UCD400AD :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Probably not relevant to the discussion but I find 6.5V on the output on my two UcD180s (with nothing connected to the input) when the /on wire is disconnected. The UcD400 has only 0.1V. That concerned me but when I connected the /on wire to the ground to turn-on the UcDs then the output voltage is zero as expected.

I guess the DC offset when /on is floating has no power behind it and so is no dangerous.

It is amazing that through luck people did not get expensive speakers damaged when the UcDs failed.

Guy

guyv said:
Probably not relevant to the discussion but I find 6.5V on the output on my two UcD180s (with nothing connected to the input) when the /on wire is disconnected. The UcD400 has only 0.1V. That concerned me but when I connected the /on wire to the ground to turn-on the UcDs then the output voltage is zero as expected.

I guess the DC offset when /on is floating has no power behind it and so is no dangerous.

It is amazing that through luck people did not get expensive speakers damaged when the UcDs failed.

Guy

i actually had mine hooked up to ribbon speakers at the time. thank goodness for being quick to turn off the power centers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.